Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

MICE 2013

I will be at MICE (The Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo) in Cambridge on Sept. 28 and 29, selling a small comic I made called "The Attack of the Bunny Blob". I will also be drawing caricatures for cheap money to people who want to hang out at my table for a little while so I don't feel like a big loser.  (I might draw very slowly...)

MICE is great. If you've never been you should go. There are a ton of exhibitors selling their comics and art. There are also panel discussions and workshops that are related to comics. 

After going there for the last couple of years as a visitor and being inspired, I decided on a whim to get a table at the event. A small table that I will be sharing with other exhibitors. The people at MICE seemed to be expressing a special interest in comics geared toward kids and since that is the audience I have been writing for I thought I would send in an application. I had nothing to sell, but I thought it would be a good deadline to get something done. Even if it is only one book. I do not know what I was thinking. I have been frantic all summer working on a couple of small comics that I hope someone other than my kids like. It is already September and the pressure is really on now. I will be gathering all of my materials this week and printing them hopefully by next week. I am freaking out about my website though. The url is printed all over my cards. I took the website down and am working on a new one in Wordpress but there is no way that it will be done by the end of the month. So I will be forced to make an unfinished website live.

So while I have been agonizing over all of the things I still need to do, something else finally occurred to me. That I might be mentioned as an exhibitor on the MICE 2013 event website. So I clicked on it and this is what I found:


Not only am I mentioned, but I am first. Of course the fact that the list is alphabetical and that I use a period after the first 'A' in my name made that a guarantee. Fortunately I used this blog as my url instead of the unfinished ajjerrett.com, BUT I haven't made an entry since Christmas!

So here I am. My first entry in 9 months and I am writing about how unprepared I am for my first MICE event.

No comments: